Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Autumn Themed Centerpiece


This season I am going to work on a lot of different seasonal and holiday themes. Here is a go at an autumn themed centerpiece. I spray painted the branch brilliant gold. The branch is attached to a manzanita burl slab that I hand cut, sanded, and glossed. I used a drill to drill a hole in the middle of the slab, but did not penetrate through the slab, just put enough of a hole to secure the trunk. I put a generous portion of wood glue in the hole. Once the branch and base were all painted and secured, I decorated the branch with these beautiful autumn themed silk flowers that I found at my local craft store. I loved the colors and they look beautiful on the branch and loosely accenting the base. Although the branch will stand on it's own on the small burl base, I preferred to secure it down with some votive candles that accent the piece nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment